THE PARIAN PHENOMENON: VICTORIAN PORCELAIN STATUARY & BUSTS, by Paul Atterbury - 1989
The Parian Phenomenon: A Survey of Victorian Parian Porcelain Statuary and Busts
edited by Paul Atterbury (Ed.)
"The major part of this book comprises the lists of Parian made by the four most important manufacturers: Minton, Copeland, Wedgewood, and Worcester."
Presumed first edition. Published by: Richard Dennis, Somerset, UK. 1989
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 0903685221
- Boards with black cloth are clean and in nice condition.
- Close examination reveals minor shelf wear at corners and spine ends.
- Spine has bright white text and softened ends.
- Binding is secure and strong.
- Photographic pastedowns are crisp and free of writing.
- Interior high gloss pages are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ looks great/nice behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Illustrated B&W DJ features photo of an elegant bust.
- Closer examination of DJ reveals light edgewear including some light scuffing and edgewear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
268 pp. 8.75 x 12.25 inches.
Book is filled B&W illustrations--primarily photos--with some sample sketches, as well as relevant essays, biographical notes and manufacturers' marks.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.