PAPERS OF GEORGE MASON 1725-1792, by Robert A. Rutland - 1970 [3 Vols]
The Paper of George Mason 1725 - 1792
by Robert A. Rutland
3 Volumes. Kingsport, TN: University of North Carolina Press, 1970
Hardbacks are overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 807811343
- 3 Volumes are quarter bound in red and black features title in a cursive gilt text.
- Boards are in overall near fine condition with little shelfwear. (See Photos)
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text against a black and red background with a publishers mark in gilt on the bottom of the spine.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Books feels unread.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks on all volumes.
- Text block edges have a red top stain. Vol. 1 has some dirt on the bottom edge. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
1312 pages. 6.5 x 9.5 inches.
George Mason was the oldest of that brilliant group of gentlemen radicals from Virginia who provided much of the intellectual structure of the war for American independence and the constitution that set the young republic on its way. His thinking soared farther from the parochial than any of his great contemporaries, and his greatest monument is the Virginia Declaration of Rights.
EDITION POINTS: 3 Volume set.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore