THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA, by Ernest Hemingway - 1952
The Old Man and the Sea
by Ernest Hemingway
DJ has original Nobel Prize band. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1952.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- Volume features great DJ that's wrapped in Mylar and has original Nobel Prize band. Covers are in blue cloth with silver on rounded spine and author name blind-tooled on front along foot edge.
- Book displays minor overall aging and wear.
- Covers exhibit minimal edgewear and toning, with a slight bump to foot on front. (See photos)
- Spine shows light fading with softening and minor rubbing to ends.
- Binding is secure overall.
- Interior shows minimal age-toning. Pages 11, 12 and 13 display a tiny brown smudge near foot edge. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show a tiny light stain to head.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is not price-clipped.
- DJ features original Nobel Prize band.
- DJ exhibits gentle edgewear, with some rubbing to spine ends, corners, and edges as well as gentle toning, more to back. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
140 pages. 5.75 x 8.25 inches.
Volume features great full-color illustrated DJ with original Nobel Prize band, as well as blue cloth covers with silver lettering on rounded spine, and name of author blind-tooled on front along foot edge.
Includes a list of works by Ernest Hemingway. DJ flaps include reviews of the novel.
This is the American author's last major work of fiction. Considered one of his most famous writings, it is a short novel telling the adventures of an aging fisherman and his struggle with a giant marlin he relentlessly tries to catch. Set in Cuba and far out in the Gulf Stream off the coast of Cuba where he chases the fish, it is a tale of experience and wisdom, and of the unpredictability of fate.
Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961) was an American journalist, novelist, short story writer, and sportsman. He is widely acknowledged as one of the great American novelists of the 20th century, and had a large influence on the development of fiction, with his characteristic adventurous style which brought him the admiration of following generations of writers. Many of his works are among the classics of American literature.
EDITION POINTS: DJ features original Nobel Prize band.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore