THE NICK ADAMS STORIES, by Ernest Hemingway - 1972 [Review Copy] *Ephemera*
The Nick Adams Stories
by Ernest Hemingway
Review Copy. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1972.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 0684124858
- Volume exhibits minor overall aging and wear.
- Blue cloth covers feature gilt on front, and display overall edge fading with shadow of letters along upper edge.
- Corners show minimal bumping and rubbing.
- Spine features text in gilt and displays some fading with shadow of letters.
- Binding is secure.
- Review notes show minimal wear.
- Interior exhibits minimal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show minor toning, with a small faint stain, and some dust along head.
- DJ is well preserved, with minor edgewear, minimal chipping to head and a 0.5" closed tear to foot of front shoulder. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
268 pages. 6.25 x 9.5 inches.
The Nick Adams Stories are a collection of two dozen short stories and vignettes written in the 1920s-1930s. They put together in a collection the adventures of the character of Nick Adams. They basically are the story of a young man's coming of age, Adams being partly inspired from the author's own experience, from his summers in Northern Michigan to his service in the Red Cross ambulance corps during World War I. The stories presented here are eight additions "hitherto unpublished" from this collection. With Preface by Philip Young.
EPHEMERA: This review copy includes 2 inserts from publisher - a review letter from Charles Scribner's Sons, from February 1972, as well as a publication announcement.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore