THE NEW ZANERIAN ALPHABETS, by C.P. Zaner - 1910
The New Zanerian Alphabets: an Instructor in Roundhand, Engrossing, Designing, Etc.
by Charles Paxton Zaner
Columbus, OH: Zaner and Bloser Co., 1910.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays mild to moderate aging and wear.
- Blue cloth covers feature darker blue text on front, and display overall toning with a border of foxing along lower edge and shoulder on front. (See photos)
- Boards are frayed along edges, and were purposely exposed along upper and lower edges by publisher.
- Spine is sunned and shows some warping, as well as fraying to ends.
- Perfect-style binding is overall secure, with some significant play.
- Interior is mildly age-toned and is overall well preserved, with minor scattered smudges.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are moderately toned, and display occasional small stains.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
190 pages. 8.5 x 6 inches.
A complete guide to lettering for the home student. The "highest art in the matter of script forms", roundhand is here approached in detail as the best decorative solution for the "engrossing" of diplomas, certificates, reports, and various documents. The book focuses on basic and standard forms rather than including novelties, so as to create a simple and efficient work that reveals rather than conceals the methods of creating letter designs with ink.
Charles Paxton Zaner (1864–1918) was an American calligrapher, pen artist, and teacher of penmanship.
Illustrated throughout with examples of letters and signs. Each example and style is described in its origin and a brief history, with the guiding lines for its realization.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore