THE MYSTERIOUS STRANGER, by Olive Gundran - 1958 [1st Ed]]
The Mysterious Stranger
by Olive Gundran
A thrilling science-fiction novel told in first person narrative. Giving her story the appearances of a real life experience, the author plunges the reader into a captivating extraterrestrial world dreamed-of by all who long to explore Mars, real or fancied. Her rich imagination takes us deep into a fantasy universe of Martians whose society is more organized, moral, and spiritual, than ours, with elaborate political systems and stunning progress. Well-written and impressive, The Mysterious Stranger is "a timely and effective work of science-fiction which will spell-bound and fascinate every reader." (from DJ flap). 56 pages. 5.75 x 8.25 inches.
FIRST EDITION. DJ not price-clipped.
Published by: Comet Press Books, New York, 1958.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume shows minimal overall wear with some minimal exterior wear.
- Red cloth covers display some minimal fading and darkening towards edges, with a scuff on center of front.
- Corner are minimally rubbed, with a bump to upper right corner of front.
- Edges are otherwise firm.
- Spine features black text with minimal rubbing to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior displays minimal wear from a barely visible bump to upper edge of center pages, and minimal staining to front fep.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ is not price-clipped, and is wrapped in Mylar and backed with archival paper.
- DJ shows minor wear on edges, corners and spine ends from rubbing. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.