THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES, by John A. Keel - 1975 [Review Copy] *ephemera*
The Mothman Prophecies: An Investigation into the Mysterious American Visits of the Infamous Feathery Garuda
by John A. Keel
Review Copy with Ephemera. New York: E.P. Dutton & Co., Saturday Review Press, 1975.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with a VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 0841503559
- Book is quarter-bound in black cloth with gray paper covers, and features great DJ as well as gilt lettering on spine.
- Volume displays minimal overall wear and aging with light edge toning and a small bump to foot corner on back.
- Spine shows minimal bumping to foot.
- Binding is secure.
- Ephemera is well preserved. Glossy illustration card shows a little edgewear, and book press release displays some edge toning. (See photos)
- Interior is well preserved exhibiting minor to minimal age-toning throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display gentle commensurate toning.
- DJ is remarkably well preserved, showing gentle overall toning, a little more along edges, with a gently sunned spine. (more apparent in person than photo)
- DJ exhibits minimal edgewear, with 2 tiny vertical <0.25" closed tears to head edge of back. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
269 pages. 5.75 x 8.5 inches.
The volume investigates the remarkable and terrifying events that suggest the reality of a mysterious creature in America. The author centers his search on the phenomena witnessed and lived in the region of Point Pleasant, WV, near the Silver Bridge. He connects the catastrophe of the bridge's collapse--killing nearly forty people--to the strange visions and apparitions that occurred locally in the preceding month. He comes up with the eerie report of a creature called the Mothman, that seems to emerge straight out of a gothic tale. His investigation of the legend provides as many new questions as answers to the origin and purpose of the Mothman.
A UFO expert, John A. Keel (1930-2009) connects the apparitions that haunted the area of Point Pleasant before the disaster, to the strange lights regularly witnessed in the sky over the little town. This is his best-known work and he is mostly noted for his investigation on the huge, winged creature that came to be called the Mothman.
Includes a table of contents.
EDITION POINTS: Review Copy, with associated ephemera.
EPHEMERA: included inside are a folded two-page press release, a review card, and an illustration card with title of book and name of author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore