THE MONSTERS & THE CRITICS, AND OTHER ESSAYS, by JR.R. Tolkien - 1984
The Monsters and The Critics and Other Essays
by J.R.R. Tolkien
Published by: Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, MA, 1984.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD- DJ
- ISBN: 0395356350
- Volume is in very good overall condition showing minor aging to covers and minimal inside.
- Blue cardboard covers display mild fading along edges. (See photos)
- Spine is in darker blue cloth, and features text in bright gilt. Some faint dirt can be seen along front shoulder upon closer examination.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is well-preserved, showing minimal wear that is limited to some barely perceptible toning along upper edge of pages.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show tiny stain to head and small smudge to foot, and show an irregularity from minor creasing of lower edge of pages 71-72 and 73-74.
- DJ is overall well-preserved, displaying some edgewear with general rubbing, and a 1" tear to upper edge of shoulder on front. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
240 pages. 5.75 x 9 inches.
Contains an advertisement for the book inside.
From the author of The Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit, comes this collection of transcribed lectures on linguistics, medieval literature, fantasy, and other such subjects. All of these essays are sure to be of deep interest not only to scholarly minds, but also to those who are passionate language, medieval literature and fantasy.
Includes a foreword. Contains seven essays, compiled and edited by his son Christopher and published posthumously in 1983.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.