THE MISCELLANEOUS ESSAYS OF EDGAR ALLAN POE - by James A. Harrison [ed] - 1902
The Miscellaneous Essays of Edgar Allan Poe
edited by James A. Harrison
Scarce 1902 publication containing 19 essays covering a wide variety of subjects. Two of the longest essays are Maelzel's Chess Play and A Few Words on Secret Writing. Other titles include Pinikidia, The Philosophy of Furniture, Street Paving, Some Account of Stonehenge and Anastatic Printing. Includes a b/w frontis of Poe. 292 pages. 4.25" by 6.25".
Published by Thomas Y. Crowell. New York, NY. 1902.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Red cloth covers featuring gilt design show commensurate wear and dirt.
- Slight bumping to upper corners.
- Red textblock top edge.
- Spine has gilt lettering and design and is darkened, with softened ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Frontispiece is clean with accompanying tissue guard clean and fully intact.
- Ffep is lightly creased at corner where there is partially erased pencil.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.