THE MAN IN THE CROWD: THE UNEASY STREETS OF GARRY WINOGRAND - 1999 [1st Ed]$100.00
The Man in The Crowd: The Uneasy Streets of Garry Winogrand
with introduction by Fran Lebowitz and essay by Ben Lifson
Garry Winogrand is a photographer of human beings, and therefore of the city, where they abound. In this beautiful monograph featuring his B&W photographs as well as insightful texts by people who are personally acquainted with him, his unique way of capturing the agitated world of humans is brought to light as one discovers images of people talking, walking, busy looking around them without even looking at each other. The attentive observer then realizes how unaware of their own self human beings become when immersed in a crowd and surrounded by distraction and entertainment. And this is precisely when Garry Winogrand comes in, with his camera and his extraordinary focus, to capture the moments which flow away unnoticed even by those who live them. 100 pages. 9.25 x 10.5 inches.
STATED FIRST EDITION. Lavishly illustrated in B&W with the artist's photographs.
Published by: Fraenkel Gallery, San Francisco, CA, 2002 with D.A.P./Distributed Art Publishers.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 1881337057
- Volume displays minimal wear to interior, and shows some rubbing and scuffs to back cover.
- Covers feature B&W photograph by artist as illustration on front, with colored text.
- Boards display minimal edgewear with small occasional bumps, and slight rubbing. Back cover displays some scattered scuffs. (See photos)
- Spine features multicolored text.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore