THE MADISON POEMS, by D.A. Levy - 1969 [Mimeo Revolution]
The Madison Poems
by D.A. Levy
A selection of Levy's work including the essay The Evolution of Comparative Literature featuring a collage on the reverse side, the sublime narrative poem Suburban Monastery Death Poem and additional poems with two posters designed by Levy himself, one of which is a foldout poster for a show by Michigan rock band MC5 while the other is a double-sided poster advertising a special performance by theatre troupe, the Nude Playwrights. Includes a thoughtful introduction by poet David Wagner. 24 pages. 8.5" by 11".
Published by Quixote Press. Madison, Wisconsin. 1969.
Softback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Paper covers featuring a collage by Levy exhibit prominent wear along the edges, a .25" chip from the front upper left edge; front cover is lightly creased along the shoulder.
- Regarding the cover/binding: while the textblock is securely fastened by three staples, the front cover is no longer attached by 2 staples and the rear cover fastened by four staples.
- Corners are gently bumped with a light crease to the rear lower left corner.
- Textblock exposed along the spine.
- Posters are present and fully intact though the MC5 poster does exhibit some wear along the middle fold which extends and hangs beyond the other leafs and the covers. Wear to fold includes 2 closed tears. Please see photos.
- Interior is free of major signs of age or wear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Peace & awareness
Like two small birds
Trying to leave the planet
Because they are tired of dying
i'm advocating nothing
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore