THE MADEIRA ISLANDS, by Anthony J. Drexel Biddle 1896 First Edition
The Madeira Islands
by Anthony J. Drexel Biddle
First Edition. Philadelphia: Drexel Biddle & Bradley Publishing Company, 1896
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Boards show some dirt, particularly a few spots on cover, with a few small bumps to edges of boards. Corners are bumped and scuffed.
- Spine has gilt text with crushed ends. (Please see photo)
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- 1.5" tear to frontispiece page, 1" tear on table of contents, and first map is partially torn from binding.
- Pages 50-51 have a mark in pencil. (Please see photo)
- Text block edges are age-toned.
111 pages. 5.25X7.5 inches.
"Anthony Joseph Drexel Biddle Sr. was a millionaire whose fortune allowed him to pursue theatricals, self-published writing, athletics, and Christianity on a full-time basis. He trained men in hand-to-hand combat in both World War I and World War II, was a fellow of the American Geographical Society and founded a movement called "Athletic Christianity" that eventually attracted 300,000 members around the world." (Wikipedia)
EDITION POINTS: First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore