THE LUCK OF THE VAILS, by E. F. Benson - 1908 [1st Edition]
The Luck of the Vails
by E. F. Benson
First Edition. London: William Heinemann, 1908.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Boards show some dirt and smudges. Corners are bumped and scuffed, with exposed board. (Please see photos)
- Spine has black text and is darkened and scuffed. Crushed and frayed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers and feps have writing in ink and pencil. (Please see photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges, some dirt along head edge.
323 pages. 5.5x7.75 inches.
"In a Holbein portrait above the grand old fireplace, Francis Vail, second baronet, brandishes a beautiful golden goblet, encrusted with pearls, rubies, and emeralds. But this treasure, the Luck of the Vails, has brought the family nothing but ruin and death. On the eve of his 21st birthday, when Harry Vail discovers the Luck hidden in the attic of his ancestral home, the family curse is reawoken, and a tale of madness, avarice, and murder unfolds.' (google)
EDITION POINTS: First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore