THE LINCOLN CENTENNIAL MEDAL - 1908 [1st Ed w/Medal]
The Lincoln Centennial Medal
presenting the Medal of Abraham Lincoln by Jules Edouard Roine
with texts by George N. Olcott, Richard Lloyd Jones and Abraham Lincoln
FIRST EDITION. New York and London: G.P. Putnam's Sons, The Knickerbocker Press, 1908.
Hardback is in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume is in well preserved condition with minor overall aging and wear.
- Blue covers are in Near Fine condition, featuring B&W photograph of the medal, with bright gilt.
- Boards display minimal rubbing and dust.
- Spine features gilt lettering, and displays some softening at ends.
- Binding is secure throughout.
- Medal is in center of textblock, housed in cardboard "box" with gilt edges. Medal has significant patina. (See photos)
- Interior is gently toned. Pages directly preceding and following medal have circular offset shadow. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges have AEG, and show minimal scuffing, a little more at head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
70 pages. 5 x 7.75 inches.
Published for the 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's birthday, the book houses a nearly 2.5" medal nested securely in its centered.
This book is a veritable tribute to one of America's most beloved presidents: Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) was an American lawyer and politician who served as the 16th president of the United States from 1861 until his assassination in April 1865. Lincoln led the nation through the American Civil War, its bloodiest war and its greatest moral, constitutional, and political crisis. The book features Jules Edouard Roine's Medal, as well as several texts of the greatest topical relevance. Texts by Olcott discuss the origin and symbolism of the medal as tribute to great historical figures. Essays by Lloyd Jones commemorate Lincoln the man, and speeches of Lincoln himself, feature some of his addresses and letters, as well as the Proclamation of Emancipation and the Gettysburg Address.
Features texts by George N. Olcott, on the Origin and Symbolism of the Medal, and by Richard Lloyd Jones on The Lincoln Centennial Commemoration, as well as some speeches and letters by Abraham Lincoln. Includes some publisher ads in annex: A Selection from the Catalog of G.P. Putnam's Sons.
Features the Medal of Abraham Lincoln by Jules Edouard Roine.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore