THE LIFE OF DONALD DUCK, by Walt Disney - 1941$140.00
The Life of Donald Duck
by Walt Disney
New York: Random House Publishers, 1941.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition with GOOD- DJ.
- Volume shows moderate overall wear to covers and interior.
- Paper over boards feature full-color illustration, as well as text on front, and display mild overall wear.
- Boards exhibit notable edgewear with rubbing and exposed boards, as well as light bumping of corners. Upper front corner has a chip and shows a stronger bump.
- Spine is in cloth, and features blue text. Spine ends are rubbed.
- Binding is overall secure, with play.
- Illustrations retain bright and vibrant colors.
- Front endpapers have previous owner stamp and inscription along head edge. (See photos)
- Interior is moderately toned (more tan than photos) with scattered smudges and stains.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display expected toning, as well as some scuffing.
- DJ is protected behind Mylar and backed with archival paper.
- DJ is in good- condition with overall chipping and creasing as well as rubbing. Front in particular shows large chips starting from edges, going from 0.75"-1.5" into cover.
- DJ Spine ends have three chips, 0.75" to 1.5", one in middle and one at each end, smallest one being in middle. Chips go into text. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
72 pages. 8.75 x 11.5 inches.
The Life of Donald Duck, the cherished Walt Disney character, explained by its author. Donald Duck may have a great faraway ancestor from Ancient Egypt, as well as a long family of more or less famous ducks, but he is no doubt the greatest of them all. The author took much trouble to compile this biography with the assistance and collaboration of the hot-tempered Donald, and now presents the life of this Great Duck to the world.
Walt Disney (1901-1966) was an American entrepreneur, animator, voice actor and film producer. A pioneer of the American animation industry, he introduced several developments in the production of cartoons. He was probably the most beloved cartoonist of his time, giving life to characters to be cherished for generations.
Donald Duck (b.1934) is a cartoon character created in 1934 at Walt Disney Productions. Donald is an anthropomorphic white duck with a yellow-orange bill, legs, and feet. He typically wears a sailor shirt and cap with a bow tie. [Wikipedia]
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore