THE KINGDOM OF EVIL, by Ben Hecht - 1924 [SIGNED]
The Kingdom of Evil: A Continuation of the Journal of Fantazius Mallare
by Ben Hecht
illustrated by Anthony Angarola
Signed. Chicago: Pascal Covivi, 1924.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Signed by author and limited edition number 871 of 2000.
- Boards show some light edgewear. Corners are gently bumped and scuffed.
- Small bookshop sticker to rear pastedown.
- Spine has gold text with crushed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges and gilt along head.
- DJ has edgewear with some small chips and closed tears, spine is sunned with chips to head and tail.
211 pages. 6.5X9.75 inches.
"Set in a phantasmagoric private universe in which fragments of Mallare's shattered psyche appear as characters awaiting the arrival of the god Synthemus, whose advent proves to be not quite what they had anticipated." (Google)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore