THE JERUSALEM BIBLE, illustrated by Dali - 1970$130.00
The Jerusalem Bible
with illustrations by Salvador Dali
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Doubleday & Company, Inc., New York, 1970.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with VERY GOOD box.
- Volume displays minimal overall wear to covers and interior.
- Red leather(?) covers feature gilt on front and back.
- Spine features gilt.
- Binding is secure.
- Volume has publisher's red ribbon bookmark.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges have AEG.
- Box features text in silver, and shows some edgewear with rubbing, more pronounced at corners, and a grease stain along fore edge on front. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
339 pages. 9.25 x 12.5 inches.
This splendid edition of the Jerusalem Bible, including the Old and New Testaments, feature for the first time the beautiful illustrations of Salvador Dali. The unique and intriguing vision of the artist give new life and scope to the episodes of the Bible as they make us discover the well-known stages in the development of man, through the insightful eyes of a famous artist. In addition to the illustrations this magnificent edition includes maps of the most famous sites of the Bible stories, giving an unequaled overview of the greatest of all stories.
Illustrations by Salvador Dali. Includes a foreword, and a supplement with maps of some of the sites of the Bible, as well as a chronological table and family records left blank, with marriage certificate, births and deaths.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.