THE ISLAND OF STONE MONEY, by William Henry Furness, 3rd - 1910 [1st]
The Island of Stone Money
by William Henry Furness, 3rd
1st Edition, Philadelphia & London: J. B. Lippincott Company, 1910
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated cover features a gilt drawing with the title also in gilt lettering.
- Green boards are in overall good condition.
- Boards have light shelfwear and edgewear.
- Corners are sharp and lightly scuffed. (See Photos).
- Spine has gilt text against a green background.
- Binding is strong and secure with a little play.
- Ex-library book with markings from Westlands Library on the front feps. (See Photos).
- Front and back endpapers and feps have Westlands Library stamp mark on each side. (See Photos).
- Frontispiece is present in very good condition, there is a bend in the corner. (See Photos).
- Illustrations are present and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Text block head is gilt with a light dirt markings. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
278 pages. 6 x 9 inches.
Though the official currency of Micronesia is the US dollar, you have an alternate payment option on the island of Yap. Thousands of years ago, explorers from the island stumbled upon limestone deposits hundreds of miles away and brought them back by boat to Yap.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore