THE IMAGE BREAKERS, by Gertrude Dix - 1900
The Image Breakers
by Gertrude Dix
New York: Frederick A. Stokes Company Publishers, 1900
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Illustrated cover features a heart design in gilt.
- Boards show signs of shelfwear and edgewear.
- Spine is has gilt text with a design against a faded red background.
- Binding is secure but has a little play.
- Corners are bumped and edges show little fraying. (See Photos).
- Endpapers and feps have some light foxing and staining. (See Photos).
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wea.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have are a little dusty and show marks on the top and bottom edges. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
392 pages. 5 x 7.5 inches.
A rare novel, exploring the lives of two young women and their experiences as part of socialist communities in fin de siècle England. Although Gertrude Dix (1867-1950) was a member of the Fabian Society and identified as a socialist for much of her life, The Image Breakers not only criticises capitalism, but also interrogates aspects of utopian socialism and exposes its shortcomings, especially those affecting female members of radical communities.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore