THE HUMAN FIGURE IN ISLAMIC ART, by Eva Baer - 2004$50.00
The Human Figure in Islamic Art: Inheritances and Islamic Transformations
by Eva Baer
Costa Meza, CA: Mazda Publishers, Inc., 2004.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 156859111X
- Volume exhibits minimal overall wear.
- Red cloth covers feature text and line illustration in gilt on front.
- Corners are gently bumped, and a small bump is also visible on head edge of back board.
- Spine features text in gilt. Ends are mildly bumped.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
67 text pages. 8.75 x 11.25 inches.
Handsome red cloth binding features lettering and line illustration both in gilt on front.
This is a thorough, detailed history of Islamic art going as far back as the seventh century. The book gives a fascinating overview of the evolution of folk art in the Arab World, emphasizing on the representation of the human figure in Turkish and Arab art. It studies the birth of Islamic arts in their cradle in Syria, Mesopotamia and Egypt, through 12 centuries up to the 19th C.
Lavishly illustrated with 28 pages of full-color and B&W plates at end of volume. Includes a booklet of index. Includes a list of figures and color plates. Book is divided in five chapters and includes a select bibliography.
EPHEMERA: Stapled index is laid in at end of book, and marked as pages 97-99.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore