THE HAUNTED MAN & THE GHOST'S BARGAIN, by Charles Dickens - 1848 [1st Ed, Engravings]
The Haunted Man & The Ghost's Bargain
by Charles Dickens
illustrations by John Leech, John Tenniel, Clarkson Frederick Stanfield, Frank Stone
The final entry of the five Christmas novellas written by Charles Dickens, carefully prepared with engravings based on illustrations by John Leech, John Tenniel, Clarkson Frederick Stanfield, and Frank Stone. 188 pages. 4.5" by 6.75".
First Edition published by Bradbury & Evans. London, UK. 1848.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Red cloth covers feature blind stamped borders with gilt stamped cover title and design.
- Boards are gently darkened and exhibit scuffs, stains, most notably to the back, and mild edgewear with small areas of exposed board to the bottom.
- Corners are heavily bumped with exposed board.
- Spine has gold stamping and is darkened, scuffed and rubbed with portions missing from the ends; a thin crack in the cloth runs along the length of the back board and spine shoulder though both remain firmly intact; spine surface exhibits a crack across the lower area and a small portion of cloth missing.
- Binding is highly secure.
- Endpapers and feps are gently darkened and exhibit light foxing.
- Front pastedown bears a small remnant of printed matter.
- Ffep bears writing in pencil and an ink stamp which has left an impression to the following page.
- Frontispiece is present and fully intact exhibiting only light foxing.
- Title page is age-toned with light foxing and exhibits what appears to be offsetting.
- Illustrations are present and intact.
- Interior is gently age-toned, with light foxing in areas though overall remains free of major signs of age or wear.
- Full gilt edges.
- Textblock is slightly cocked.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.