THE GUN ROOM GUIDE, by Hugh B.C. Pollard - 1930 [Signed Ltd Ed]
The Gun Room Guide
by Hugh B.C. Pollard
illustrations by Phillip Rickman; H. Frank Wallace
Very scarce Signed Limited Edition - 68/225. London: Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1930.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Handsomely bound in brown cloth and vellum the boards show minimal scuffing to corner and surfaces.
- Vellum spine shows some soiling with gilt bright and intact.
- Inside pages are gently age toned.
- Some foxing to pastedowns and endpaper and plain backs of plates.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is free of writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
183 pages. 9.25" by 11.75".
Features 14 full color mounted plates with bird drawings by Philip Rickman and deer studies by H. Frank Wallace with additional B&W illustrations by Rickman.
Philip Rickman (1891–1982) was a British illustrator and watercolor artist, best known for his realistic depictions of game birds and wildfowl.
Harold Frank Wallace (1881-1962) was a British/Scottish landscape and wildlife painter whose paintings are still valued by collectors.
Captain Hugh Bertie Campbell Pollard (1888-1966) was an authority in modern and ancient firearms, and this is one of his notable books. He was active in British military and police forces in Ireland and London, contributing to the British press along the way. He made significant contributions during both world wars, as well as in the case of Jack the Ripper. [Thompson Gun Ireland * com]
EDITION POINTS: Signed by Pollard on front endpaper where it states that this is number 68 of 225 numbered copies.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.