THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO SAINT BERNARD SHAW, by Aleister Crowley - 1986
The Gospel According to Saint Bernard Shaw
by Aleister Crowley
A facsimile reproduction of the original typescript produced and circulated by Karl Germer and Agape Lodge. Crowley wrote this as a critique of Shaw's preface to "Androcles and the Lion," and claims that "my book establishes the outline of an entirely final theory of the construction of Christianity." 238 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches.
Includes a hand colored front sheet.
Publishing Info: OTO and Stellar Visions, New York. 1986
Overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Pressed binding with clear plastic cover on front and strong navy plastic back.
- VeloBind, aka strip binding: an informal binding that is very clean edged with punched pages and plastic posts held in place with plastic strip.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Binding strip on back by spine tail is broken and missing 1 inch. Binding is intact, and will remain so only if handled gently and with care. Posts easily pop out of binding strip, and one or more may be broken, so that it often appears loose from head. (see photos)
- Fore edge of colored sheet exhibits a shallow chip along the edge.
- Pencil on OTO notice sheet with publishing info.
- Dog-ear crease on page 1.
- Smudge near tail of spine on front cover.