THE FREE LANCE MAGAZINE - 1967-1969 [Mimeo Revolution]
The Free Lance: a Magazine of Poetry and Prose Vol 7 #2, Vol 11 #1, Vol 11 #2, Vol 12 #1&2, Vol 13 #1&2
1967 - 1969
Softcovers are overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volumes are in overall very good condition displaying minimal wear and aging.
- Covers feature black text and illustration.
- Volumes display mild occasional edge fading and wear. Volume 7 #2 has a small vertical 0.25" to upper edge on front. Volume 13 shows a scuff on front. (See photos)
- Stapled bindings. Spines show minor fading.
- Vol 11 #1 exceptionally has black text along spine.
- Binding is secure in all volumes.
- Interiors are of varying conditions. Vol 7 #2, Vol 12 #1&2 and Vol 13 #1&2 exhibit minimal toning. Pages are of blue paper in Vol 12. Vol 11 #1 has darker stock pages, and shows some toning and occasional smudges. Vol 11 #2 shows little to no toning inside. (See photos)
- Inside pages occasionally display some inconsistencies typical to mimeograph reproduction.
- Vol 12 has at least two red check marks in margin. (See photos)
- Textblock edges display occasional small stains, scuffs and irregularities.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
The Free Lance is a wide-ranging magazine of prose and poetry. This collection of seven issues, the last four of which are gathered in two double issues, features works by various writers on all subjects, in prose or verse, even including some poems in German. This publication could be considered part of the Mimeograph Revolution. Addressed to such personalities as Langston Hughes, featuring d.a. Levy, Russell Atkins, Caspar Jordan and Adelhaide Simon, it is a socially and artistically inclined magazine, that explores subjects as varied as ethnicity, education, science, and literary criticism.
Five volumes containing seven issues. Vol 11 #1 features diagrams.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
Published by: the Free Lance Press, USA, 1967-69.