FRANKLIN AUTOMOBILE COMPANY, by Sinclair Powell - 1999
THE FRANKLIN AUTOMOBILE COMPANY by Sinclair Powell - 1999 Automobile Industry
The Franklin Automobile Company: History of The Innovative Firm, Its Founders, The Vehicles It Produced (1902-1934), and The People Who Built Them
by Sinclair Powell
Author Sinclair Powell presents the history of the New York based automobile manufacturer founded by Herbert H. Franklin in 1893 as the H. H. Franklin Automobile Comapny. The company saw success when its founder teamed up with Syracuse native, John Wilkinson an engineer who would develop the innovative air-cooled engine. Now under the name Franklin, the company gained a reputation as one of the major luxury automobile brands operating in the United States. It would see success for the next 30 years before succumbing to the Great Depression of the 1930's. This book is a brief history of one man's vision within a larger, complex history of the relation between economy and an industry in flux. Chapters include "The People Who Built the Cars", "Technical Progress in a Growing Industry (1906 - 1910)", "The Postwar Era (1919-1924)", "The Years of Decline (1930-1933)", "The Demise of the Company (1934-1940)" and more. Presented under the SAE Historical Committee. 484 pages. 9.25" by 6.5"
Published by: Society of Automotive Engineers Inc. Warrendale, Pennsylvania 1999.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 0768002214
- Black cloth boards in excellent condition.
- Spine features text in gilt.
- Binding is secure.
- Textblock shows very light soiling.
- Front matter shows creasing to top left corners; ffep is creased with soiling limited to one area.
- Interior is pristine.
- Pastedowns feature illustration.
- Features B&W photographs and illustrations.
- Features extensive bibliography provided by author.
- DJ is excellent condition with light wear to head and tail.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookbotique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from my store - Powered by Highwire.com