THE FISHERMAN AND HIS BOAT, by Louise & Richard Floethe - 1961 [1st Ed]
The Fisherman and His Boat
by Louise and Richard Floethe
A story by Louise Floethe accompanied by illustrations from Richard Floethe.
The fisherman lives in a small fishing village on the west coast of Florida on the Gulf of Mexico. He fished up and down and around the small islands and keys which life offshore. The fisherman knows the sea in all weather. He knows wind and stars and the shifting tides. He knows the hot glitter of sun on water and the cool dampness of fog. For whenever the fish are running, out to sea go the fisherman and his boat. Unpaginated. 10.25" by 8.5"
Rear return bears publisher's code A-9.61, indicating a First Edition.
First Edition published by Charles Scribner's Sons. New York, NY. 1961.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with a GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated blue cloth covers are gently faded along the edges though remain free of signs of age or wear.
- Corners are mildly frayed with partially exposed boards.
- Spine features bold lettering and exhibits pushed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Front pastedown bears inscription in blue ink and a faint line in red crayon while the rear pastedown bears a fraction written in pencil to the upper left corner. Please see photos.
- Ffep bears faint, partially erased writing in pencil.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ exhibits a stain to the front upper edge and just to the left of that a tear with additional tears to both the front and rear, primarily along the upper edge; corners are worn, most notably the front corners where portions of the paper are missing; spine exhibits wear along the shoulders and ends where there are portions of paper missing, most notably from the tail; front return bears a small stain. Please see photo.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore