THE FAMILY MEDICAL GUIDE, by George Fullerton - 1871
The Family Medical Guide with Plain Directions for the Treatment of Every Case
by George Fullerton
Very scarce original publication. Part I covers general medical issues such as ulcers and parasites and organs such as the spleen, heart, liver and eyes. Part II is concerned with female issues such as pregnancy, miscarriage, milk fever and more. Part III involves the treatment of infants. Part IV covers poisoning while Part V addresses medicines and their doses. 544 pages with index. 6" by 9".
Published by Chapman and Hall. London, UK. 1871.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Green cloth covers show commensurate wear though the embossed borders retain much of the detailing and definition.
- Boards show wear to all areas including scuffing to the cover, most notably to the rear cover where there are subtly darkened areas bearing dense dark marks; prominent wear along the edges. Please see photos.
- Hinges are cracked with the rear hinge reinforced with tape.
- Binding is shaken, with areas being cracked along the gutter. Please see photos.
- Corners are scuffed with exposed board, mostly notable at front lower corner, and gently bumped.
- Rear shoulder is cracked in places.
- Spine has clear gilt lettering with crushed and scuffed ends.
- Endpapers are age-toned with scattered foxing.
- Title page is heavily foxed.
- Interior is gently age-toned with foxing throughout, and exhibits general signs of age and wear, including torn corner on page 103/104. Please see photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore