THE ESSENTIAL CODEX MENDOZA, by Frances F. Berdan and Patricia Rieff Anawalt - 1997 [Scarce]
The Essential Codex Mendoza
by Frances F. Berdan and Patricia Rieff Anawalt
Berkeley, Los Angeles and London: University of California Press, 1997
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Plum burgundy wraps are mostly clean, with blue and white text and color illustration.
- Wraps show some edgewear. Corners are bumped.
- Spine has blue and white text and is bright with bumped ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are foxed.
432 pages. 9 x 12 inches
The Essential Codex Mendoza combines Volumes 2 and 4 of the more comprehensive, four volume Codex Mendoza (1992) by the same authors. This softcover volume, now scarce, includes the page-by-page description of the codex, the transcriptions and translations of each folio, plus 16 facsimile color folios. The Codex Mendoza is a fundamental source for Aztec history in the early 16th century, a vivid pictorial and textual account that chronicles daily life.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore