THE EPISTLE OF JAMES, by Augustus Neander - 1852
The Epistle of James, practically explained
by Augustus Neander
translated from the German by H.C. Conant
New York: Lewis Colby, 1852.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays commensurate wear and aging to covers and interior.
- Brown cloth covers feature blind-tooled design, identical on front and back, and exhibit minor edgewear with a little exposed boards at corners, which are also mildly bumped.
- Front board shows some light stains, as well as a small residue in center. (See photos)
- Spine features gilt lettering, as well as some blind-tooling.
- Spine ends are rubbed and chipped.
- Binding is secure throughout.
- First pages, including title page, display notable foxing.
- Some pencil writing on endpapers, can be seen as well as a small pencil note below title on title page. (See photos)
- Two pages following title page show a publisher's cutting irregularity at fore edge. (See photos)
- Interior is mildly toned throughout, and is well preserved with occasional foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show commensurate toning, with darkening and dust along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
115 pages. 5 x 7.5 inches.
Born into a Jewish family with the original name of David Mendel, Augustus Neander became a respected Christian scholar and professor of ecclesiastical history. He was admired by his students not only for the quality of his teaching but also for his extreme piety that was evident in his work. This book represents a great enlightenment on the Bible as the author unveils the character of James and the more profound meaning of his teachings, reconciling his theories with those of Paul by showing the obvious link between the two, and that they were never in conflict.
Includes a list of books by same publisher. With a preface and an introduction.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore