THE EMPEROR JONES, by Eugene O'neill - 1928 [SIGNED]
The Emperor Jones
by Eugene O'Neill
Illustrated by Alexander King
Signed. New York: Boni & Liveright, 1928.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD Slipcase.
- Signed by Author.
- Boards show no significant marks. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has firm ends.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges.
- DJ has clipped corners, some edgewear, darkened and chipped spine. (Please see photos)
- Slipcase is well scuffed around edges, has some chips, some writing in pencil.
90 pages. 8X10.5 inches.
"The Emperor Jones is a 1920 play by American dramatist Eugene O'Neill that tells the tale of Brutus Jones, a resourceful, self-assured African American and a former Pullman porter, who kills another black man in a dice game, is jailed, and later escapes to a small, backward Caribbean island where he sets himself up as emperor. The play recounts his story in flashbacks as Brutus makes his way through the jungle in an attempt to escape former subjects who have rebelled against him." (wikipedia)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore