THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF BROOKLYN, by Eugene L. Armbruster - 1912 [1st Ed w/Maps]
The Eastern District of Brooklyn: with Illustrations and Maps
by Eugene L. Armbruster
1ST EDITION with Maps. New York: 1912
Hardback is in overall VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Dark evergreen cloth cover is in overall great condition.
- Boards/wraps show some light shelfwear as well as a few smudges to the front board. (See Photos).
- Spine has gilt text against a dark evergreen background.
- Spine is gently bumped at tail, lightly scuffed at head, with some light staining along top 1/3. (See Photos)
- Corners show a hint of bumping and scuffing. (See Photos).
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Foldout maps are intact and mostly in great condition. The second fold out map has a 1" inch closed tear to the top of left side of the map. (See Photos).
- Inline illustrations are bright and clear.
- Front fep along with the title page shows 1mm dot. (See Photos).
- Interior is gently age toned and free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
205 pages. 5.25 x 7 inches.
"Contains a series of sketches relating to the early days of the various localities that now constitute the Eastern District of Brooklyn. They also tell of the hardships and trials which the settlers had to endure until they could gain a permanent foothold in the territory around the Newtown Creek," and how the village of Boswijck was formed. These were some of the first steps in developing this section of the metropolis.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition includes fold out maps.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore