THE CRY OF THE OWL, by Patricia Highsmith - 1962 [1st Ed]
The Cry of the Owl
by Patricia Highsmith
FIRST EDITION. Published by: Harper & Row, Publishers, New York and Evanston, IL, 1962.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with a VERY GOOD- DJ.
- Volume displays minor overall wear and aging.
- Quarter-bound in darker brown cloth.
- Brown cardboard/cloth covers exhibit minimal fading, and some edgewear with bumped corners and little rubbing.
- Spine is in cloth, and features vibrant yellow lettering, and a logo on front shoulder, in same yellow.
- Spine ends are softened and rubbed.
- Binding is secure throughout with a little play.
- Front endpaper features Ex Libris bookplate of Peggy Lewis, facing pastedown. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned and is overall well-preserved.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display expected toning, and faint darkening along head.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is not price-clipped.
- DJ exhibits mild edgewear with rubbing, some chipping to spine ends, and some rubbing along shoulders, as well as mild toning.
- DJ toning is more pronounced on back, which also shows minor staining. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
272 pages. 5.75 x 8.25 inches.
A novel of suspense by the American writer. Known for her psychological thrillers and her series of five novels based on the character of Tom Ripley, Patricia Highsmith wrote The Cry of the Owl as the eighth of her 22 novels. It is a story of suspense, jealousy, and fatal confrontation, that is "not for those who are easily shaken."
Front endpaper features bookplate of Peggy Lewis. List of books by Patricia Highsmith inside.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore