THE CONCEPT OF DREAD, by Soren Kierkegaard 1944 First Edition
The Concept of Dread
by Soren Kierkegaard
First edition. Princeton: Princeton University Press 1944
Hardback is overall in GOOD+ condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Boards show some dirt and sunning to top edge. Corners are gently bumped and scuffed.
- Spine has silver text and and is scuffed at head and foot.
- Binding is secure.
- Ex libris book features an owner's bookplate on front pastedown. (Please see photo)
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Pages 15-21 are dog-eared at lower corner.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Top of text block is inked in navy.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ has small chips at corners with larger chips at head and foot of spine. (Please see photo)
- DJ is age-toned.
154 pages. 5.75X8.75 inches.
"This deliberation of Kierkegaard's is oriented, he tells us, "in the direction of the dogmatic problem of original sin." It is an intimate confession of his progress from dread of evil-and of good-to faith. It is a reinterpretation of the doctrine of original sin in the knowledge of his own ego." (from DJ)
EDITION POINTS: First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore