THE COMPLETE POEMS OF ERNEST DOWSON, by Ernest Dowson & Elinore Blaisdell- 1928 [Signed Ltd. Ed.]
The Complete Poems of Ernest Dowson
by Ernest Dowson
illustrated by Elinore Blaisdell
Limited edition, signed by the illustrator. New York: The Medusa Head, 1928
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Leatherbound covers in purple Morocco are mostly clean, with gilt ruling.
- Boards show some wear, scuffing, edgewear. Corners are scuffed, with exposed board.
- Spine has gilt text and is darkened, with bumped ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Handmade paper end papers show little to no sign of age or wear; a small corner fold at back fep. Please see photographs for details of condition.
- Frontispiece is present and has intact tissue guard.
- Illustrations are bright and clear, plates are age toned, with tissue guards.
- Interior is gently age-toned, scattered light foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges, gilt along head.
107 pages. 6 x 9.5 inches.
Limited edition of the poems of Ernest Dowson (1867-1900), with illustrations by Brooklyn born illustrator Elinore Blaisdell (1900-1994). Although he died at the age of thirty-two, Dowson left in his poetry a series of phrases that have had a long life in popular entertainment. These include "days of wine and roses," "gone with the wind," and "I have been faithful... in my fashion," which have become movie titles, book titles, and song lyrics by Cole Porter.
As per the colophon, this is an edition of 800 copies. Twenty-five were printed on unbleached Arnold paper and numbered A-Y. This volume is copy G, and is signed by the artist, Elinore Blaisdell.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore