THE COLUMBIAN LETTER-WRITER, OR, YOUNG LADY AND GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO EPISTOLARY CORRESPONDENCE - 1811
The Columbian Letter-Writer, or, Young Lady and Gentleman's Guide, to Epistolary Correspondence, containing a Choice Collection of Letters
Published by: S. Snowden, Alexandria, VA, 1811.
Hardback is overall in GOOD- condition.
- Volume displays notable overall rubbing and toning, with a well-preserved interior.
- Quarter leatherbound.
- Covers are strongly toned and display notable edgewear with bumped corners and exposed boards.
- Spine features blind-tooled lines, and is strongly rubbed.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps exhibit some damp staining, and front pastedown shows sticker residue, as well as a shadow to upper part of hinge, that is also present on back pastedown. (See photos)
- Title page has upper margin cut off, affecting first word of title.
- Interior is moderately toned, with scattered foxing and occasional staining.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- At least one page in book has a chip going into textblock, and pages overall display occasional creasing.
- Text block edges display expected toning, and are darker along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
96 pages. 4 x 6.5 inches.
This handy volume compiles some of the most inspiring examples of letters covering all the most important subjects from industry and trade to love and friendship, as well as morality, religion, and education. The authors of the letters assembled in the book are especially instructive for their elegance and are used here as models for young people to teach them the science of writing.
Includes a preface and an introduction.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.