THE COLOR CURTAIN: A Report on the Bandung Conference, by Richard Wright - 1956 [1st Ed]$115.00
The Color Curtain: A Report on the Bandung Conference
by Richard Wright
First Edition. Published by: The World Publishing Company. Cleveland, Ohio. 1956.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Black cloth boards with inked cover illustration remain free of major signs of age or wear.
- Boards are gently scuffed with light white stains to areas.
- Corners are gently bumped with rubbing to the front lower right corner.
- Spine is firm with red inked title block and gilt lettering and exhibits pushed ends.
- Binding is firm.
- Pastedowns bear small book owner's sticker with writing in pencil to the rear pastedown. Please see photos.
- Writing in pencil to the "About the Author" page and facing page otherwise inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks. Please see photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned though overall remains free of major signs of age or wear.
- Textblock top edge is dyed solid with discolored spots while the remaining edges are gently age-toned and foxed.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is age-toned, scuffed and stained with tears and portions missing from the edges, including the spine ends and corners. Please see photos.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Foreword by Gunnar Myrdal. 221 pages. 5.75" by 8.5"
"African-American author Richard Wright's book The Color Curtain: A Report on the Bandung Conference (Cleveland and New York: World, 1956) is based on his impressions and analysis of the postcolonial Asian-African Conference, which was a gathering of representatives from 29 independent Asian and African countries, held in the city of Bandung, Indonesia, April 18–24, 1955. In addition to drawing on its author's experience as a reporter at the conference, The Color Curtain bases its analysis of the postcolonial world on Wright's interactions with several modern Indonesian writers and intellectuals. Since its publication in 1956, Wright's Indonesian travelogue has been a prominent first-hand account of the Bandung Conference."
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.