THE COINS OF MEDIEVAL EUROPE, by Philip Grierson - 1991 [DJ ]
The Coins of Medieval Europe
by Philip Grierson
Coins in History, general editor Peter A. Clayton. London: Seaby, 1991
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Green cloth covers are mostly clean, with gilt title on spine. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with bumped ends.
- Binding is tight.
- End papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Illustrations are bright and clear Black and white photos throughout text, plus four sheets in full color.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has some bumping along head edge and at corner. See photos.
248 pages. 7.5 x 9.75 inches.
Part of the series Coins in History. This volume offers a new historical approach and pictorial history of the coinage of Medieval Europe, updating the standard work which dates from the early years of the 1900s. The author surveys the evolution of medieval coinage over the centuries, describing its initial contraction as the result of the Barbarian invasions and its subsequent development from the 11th century onwards.
478 black and white illustrations, 8 pages of color plates.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.