THE CLUNY PROBLEM, by A. Fielding - 1929 [1st Ed]
THE CLUNY PROBLEM, by A. Fielding 1929 First Edition Fiction Mystery Scarce DJ
The Cluny Problem
by A. Fielding
The DJ reads, "Just as the Villa Porte Bonheur at Cluny is recovering from a daring jewel theft, Mr. Brownlow and Sir Anthony Cross are found dead in one of its rooms. The Obvious conclusion is that their sudden deaths are the result of a duel over the former's beautiful and dangerous wife, but for good and sufficient reasons the French police have to reject this solution. A confession from Brownlow is found which seems to unravel the mystery, but Sir Anthony Cross's fiancee has a different theory. Her views are shared by the indomitable Inspector Pointer of Scotland Yard and, in the end, prove to be correct."
321 pages. 5.5" by 7.5"
Publishing Info: Alfred A. Knopf, New York 1929
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition, with a FAIR DJ.
- Very scarce first edition
- No gift inscription or any other ownership marks
- Binding is secure
- Cloth boards show minor scuffing to corners
- Head and tail of spine show some wear
- Small dent to upper right of back board
- Number written in pencil on rfep, otherwise interior is free of any other intentional marks
- DJ has mylar cover, backed by archival paper
- NOT price clipped
- DJ shows chips off all corners and head and tail of spine, with chips off lower right of front and head of spine up to .5"
- DJ shows some darkening to all areas and some soiling to back
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from my store - Powered by Highwire.com