THE CLUBMAKER'S ART: ANTIQUE GOLF CLUBS & THEIR HISTORY, by J. Ellis - 2007 [2 vols]
The Clubmaker's Art: Antique Golf Clubs and Their History
by Jeffery B. Ellis
A comprehensive, beautifully illustrated history of making golf clubs including and describing in detail the various successive clubs designed. Each club is pictured with a text giving the date of its creation, contemporary quotes, and details on its designer. The thorough historic text is embellished with witty and entertaining quotes from various sources, as well as some black & white drawings. The two volumes are protected in a color illustrated slipcase. A welcome reference guide for any golf lover's library. 784 pages. 10.5 x 13.5 inches.
Two volumes. Illustrated with color photographs and black & white drawings. Second revised and expanded edition. Slipcase.
Published by: Zephyr Productions Inc., Washington, 2007.
Hardbacks are overall in NEAR FINE condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 9780965303941
- Volumes are in overall near fine condition with little to none aging and wear on covers and inside.
- Black covers feature text in gilt, and are clean with firm edges.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has text in gilt and has firm ends.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers are clean and feature beautiful decoration on violet background.
- Interior is well-preserved.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are clean with little to no wear.
- Both DJs show minor shelf wear from rubbing and minimal bumping, and look great.
- Slipcase displays some scuffing near right edge on front, and some staining on upper cloth edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.