THE CLUBMAKER'S ART: ANTIQUE GOLF CLUBS & THEIR HISTORY - 1997 1st Edition$65.00
The Clubmaker's Art: Antique Golf Clubs & Their History
by Jeffrey B. Ellis
FIRST EDITION. The book for the golf fan, lavishly illustrated with 800 images depicting 640 clubs with hundreds more identified and described. The author also includes information on club maker and those individuals who played the courses of the world. Five appendices cover balls, British design registration dates, British patent dates, American patent dates and circa 1900 gold clubs defined. 576 pages with index. 9.25" by 12.5".
First Edition published by Zephyr Productions. Oak Harbor, WA. 1997.
Hardback is overall in FINE condition with a NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 9780965303903
- Illustrated covers are in excellent condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine is square with elegant black lettering and firm ends.
- Binding is tight.
- Interior is bright with vibrant illustrations with the only notable flaws being small indentations to the first two pages and dog earring to page 224.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Closer examination of DJ reveals a small chip as part of a 1" closed tear at head of spine, and tiny chip at back top corner at flap.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore