THE CLIMAX LOCOMOTIVE, by Dennis Blake Thompson - 2002
The Climax Locomotive
by Dennis Blake Thompson, Richard Dunn, Steve Hauff et al
First Edition, Second Printing. Published by: Oso Publishing Company, Hamilton, MT, 2002.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with NEAR FINE DJ.
- Volume is in near fine condition displaying minimal overall wear.
- Black covers feature text in silver on front, and exhibit minimal edgewear.
- Spine features text in silver, and shows slight bumping to head. (See photos)
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show minimal dust here and there.
- DJ is in great condition showing minimal edgewear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
The Climax locomotive was "one of the most unique locomotives ever manufactured in the United States of America." And this book is "the most ambitious work ever done." (on it) Originating from the collection of Walter C. Casler who worked for the Climax company until they closed their doors, it has been compiled over four years of research, due to the incredible elusiveness of the history of the Climax locomotives. The extensive search has paid its toll as the present volume is an amazingly reliable source of records and rosters from the archives of the Climax company.
Lavishly illustrated with B&W historic photographs, all accurately captioned. Features five appendices. Appendix A: Patent Drawings. Appendix B: Class A, B and C Scale Drawings. Appendix C: Employee Roster. Appendix D: Delivery Notes. Appendix E: Locomotive Statistics. Includes a bibliography.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore