THE CHRISTMAS FIRE-SIDE; OR, THE JUVENILE CRITICS, by Sarah Wheatley - 1806
The Christmas Fire-Side; or, the Juvenile Critics
by Sarah Wheatley
Published by Longman, Hurst Rees, and Orme. London, UK. 1806.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Leatherbound covers show prominent wear and signs of gentle aging such as edgewear, cracks and fading to the finish of the leather with stains and chips to areas.
- The corners appear to have been replaced using the same pebbled leather as the spine.
- Corners are bumped with the lower corners being prominently rounded.
- Original spine piece has been replaced with a piece of brown pebbled leather with the title in brilliant gilt.
- Binding is firm.
- Endpapers are age-toned and stained.
- Front pastedown bears partially erased writing in pencil.
- Ffep bears writing in ink and partially erased pencil.
- The advertisement page is missing a strip of paper from the gutter though remains tightly bound.
- Interior is age-toned with foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are darkened.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
A wide variety of subjects include fraternal affection, filial affection, humanity, friendship, justice, temperance, religion and honour. All sections contain a subtitle of "ancient examples" which is accompanied by "modern examples". 189 pages followed by two pages of additional publications. 4.25" by 7".
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.