THE CHIMES, CLASS OF 1903 - Bradford Academy
The Chimes: Class of 1903
a year record of the Senior Class of the Bradford Academy for Young Women
A delightful yearbook from a private girls' school of Haverhill, MA, "one hour from Boston." It captures a snapshot of the culture in words and photos from the turn of the 20th century. This yearbook for the Bradford Academy's centennial year includes photos of the senior class and school, detailed narrations of major school events, and some interesting anecdotes. The volume contains the records of participants and winners of the competitions of the school. 135 pages + 21 pages of ads. 7.25 x 9.5 inches.
This was the first "annual" (yearbook) printed in HB book format, and features a unique and delightful Art Deco design on the cover.
Front end page has an inscription signed by the principal, Miss Laura A. Knott, dated 1910.
Printed by Chase Press of Haverhill, MA.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Light olive cloth over boards is stained in a way that obscures the gilt design when looking straight on. (Lighting and angle greatly varies the clarity.)
- Some scuffing to shoulders and a barely softened spine end seem to be the extent of wear beyond the white variegated staining.
- Binding is secure, with minimal play.
- Tan endpapers are lightly lightly aged with some tanning.
- Ink inscription is clear.
- Glossy pages throughout book are lightly and evenly toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are dusty, and gilt at head edge is mostly faded.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore