THE BOX IN A VALISE, by Marcel Duchamp/Bonk - 1989
The Box in a Valise
by Marcel Duchamp
translated by David Britt
Inventory of an Edition by Ecke Bonk
Published by: Rizzoli International Publications, Inc., New York, 1989.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- ISBN: 084780979X
- Volume displays minor overall aging to covers and interior.
- Gray cloth covers exhibit minimal fading and toning along edges.
- Spine features gray text, and displays minimal toning to ends. (See photos)
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is well-preserved wit gentle overall toning, slightly more pronounced marginally.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show mild expected toning.
- DJ looks great behind transparent plastic protection.
- DJ is toned along edges, and shows some smudges and small stains on back cover. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
324 pages. 9 x 12 inches.
Marcel Duchamp's intriguing work is here presented in its full meaning. Encompassing as a touching retrospective, both artistic and personal, the range of his lifework, the "box in a valise" is a miniature monograph realized by the artist himself, containing the reproductions of sixty-nine of his works. The author here analyzes the idea of the box in a valise, detailing Duchamp's working process and his way of achieving this singular monograph.
Lavishly illustrated with full-color and B&W photographs. Translated from the German by David Britt. Includes an explanatory text, biographical data, a bibliography and a list of plates.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore