THE BAKER STREET JOURNAL, by Edgar W. Smith - 1946-1949 [9 Issues]
The Baker Street Journal
Edited by Edgar W. Smith
Volume 1, Issues 1-4. Volume 2, Issues 1-4. Volume 4, Issue 1. New York: Ben Abramson, 1946
Softbacks are overall in GOOD condition.
- Covers are age-toned and show some edgewear.
- All bindings are secure.
- Volume 1, Issue 2 upper right corner is bent. (Please see photos)
- Volume 2, Issue 1 page 8 is dogeared. All upper corners have small bend.
- Volume 2, Issue 2 all lower corners are bent.
- Volume 2, Issue 4 is stamped on cover (Please see photos). Top edge of textblock has some uncut edges.
- Volume 4, Issue 1 tail of spine is bumped, with tears to head and tail. Top and bottom corners of textblock are bent.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are age-toned.
"The Baker Street Journal is a quarterly journal devoted to Sherlockiana published by The Baker Street Irregulars." It has been called "the leading publication" in the study of Sherlock Holmes. "The first issue was lavishly published with Victorian typography, stitched binding and 108 pages of essays, illustrations, and news about Sherlock Holmes...but financial failure ended that incarnation of the magazine in 1949."(Wikipedia)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore