THE ART IN PAINTING, by Albert C. Barnes - 1925 [SIGNED 1st Ed]
The Art In Painting
by Albert Coombs Barnes
The first art book written by Albert C. Barnes (1872-1951), who was, in his time, considered an edgy art collector. He is perhaps best known for establishing The Barnes Foundation. This book offers a survey of art, focusing primarily on the art that was trending at the time. Includes 106 B&W illustrations of art reproductions. 530 pages. 6.5 x 9.25 inches.
SIGNED and inscribed by Barnes.
FIRST EDITION, published by: The Barnes Foundation Press, Merion, PA. 1925.
Hardback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Please note: photos do not accurately reflect the colors in the book. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Book was clearly much used and loved, and treated with great care.
- Original navy boards have exposed board at corners that are free of bumps.
- Spine ends are softened, with some fraying.
- Gilt on spine is starting to fade.
- Front cover has a faint round stain near lower corner.
- Back cover has a general light scuffing.
- Edges and shoulders exhibit wear and rubbing.
- Inside pages are tanned.
- Text block has deckled edges.
- Binding has some play in it.
- Back fep exhibits some smudging.
- Pages have very rare signs foxing, spots or similar.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.