THE ANTICHRIST OF NIETZSCHE, by Friedrich Nietzsche; w/Norman Lindsay - 1928 [53/550]
The Antichrist of Nietzsche
by Friedrich Nietzsche
translated by P.R. Stephensen
illustrated by Norman Lindsay
Limited Numbered Edition 53/550 published by: The Fanfrolico Press. London, UK. 1928.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Cloth covers exhibit moderate signs of commensurate age and wear.
- Half leather over gilt-stamped blue cloth.
- Boards are scuffed, stained and rubbed, most notably to the rear and edges with heavier wear to the leather portions, with light indentations in areas. Please see photos.
- Corners are rubbed with exposed boards. Please see photos.
- Leather spine is firm with gilt-stamped lettering and exhibits moderate wear to the finish, most notably along the shoulders and ends which are moderately bumped and raw. Please see photos.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers and feps are gently age-toned with dark offsetting to the corners. Please see photos.
- Plates are intact and exhibit gentle age-toned and foxing to the perimeter though the illustrated portions remain unworn. Please see photos.
- The gutter between the last two pages is slightly cracked along the upper 5" portion. Please see photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned with minimal foxing and smudges.
- The rear pastedown bears writing in pencil to the upper left corner. Please see photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Gilt top-edge and deckle fore and bottom edges.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Unpaginated. 12" by 15.75".
This book is numbered 53 out of 550 printed
The fourth English version of Nietzsche's Der Antichrist (The Antichrist) prepared with a translation and foreword by P.R. Stephensen and seven engravings by artist Norman Lindsay, all expertly bound in gilt-stamped cloth and half leather and issued by The Fanfrolico Press of London as a Limited Numbered Edition of 550.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.