THE ANDY BOOK, by Bruce Weber - 1987$325.00
The Andy Book
by Bruce Weber
Published by: Doeisha & Co., LTD. & C.W.J. Co., LTD, Tokyo, 1987. Numerous photographs, some of which are in full color. Includes a booklet with assumed translation in Japanese. Pages not numbered. Approx. 110 pages. 9.5 x 12 inches.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume displays minimal overall wear to covers and interior.
- Covers feature B&W photograph on front and back, as well as red text on front, and are a little dusty along edges. (See photos)
- Upper edge of front cover exhibits a small brown mark.
- Edgewear to covers is mild, with general darkening and minimal creasing and rubbing.
- Covers have returns.
- Spine features red text, and displays mild darkening as well as minimal wear at ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is well-preserved showing minimal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display expected minor toning, and are slightly darkened and dusty along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Beautifully presented, funny, and entertaining, yet somehow touching, The Andy Book is the oral account of a boxer put down on paper. Yet Andy Minsker is not just a boxer. Photographed as a model for Interview Magazine, as one of the athletes having a chance to go to the Olympics, he delivers a witty and humorous account of this unusual experience, as well as many entertaining life anecdotes. In an easy, unassuming style, he discusses being a model, having funny hairstyles, wearing fancy clothes, girls, sports, cars, and all that he cares to share with his photographer. Sympathetic and endearing, this is an account few will forget.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.