THE ANACONDA: AN EAST INDIAN TALE, by Matthew Gregory Lewis -1813
The Anaconda: An East Indian Tale
by Matthew Gregory Lewis
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Sydney's Press, New Haven, 1813.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall very good condition displaying minor overall wear with expert repair.
- Original wooden boards are well-preserved with colored marble design, and exhibit some overall fading.
- Covers show edgewear with rubbing that exposes boards at corners and parts of edges.
- Spine paper has been expertly replaced and has pasted white title label.
- Binding is fragile. Binding "thread" appears to be broken, leaving small holes in gutter throughout volume.
- One detached signature inside, and one partly detached. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned and overall well-preserved, with occasional foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Some pages inside display some edgewear with occasional creasing to inner and outer corners.
- Textblock edges are a little darkened and dusty. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
108 pages. 3.5 x 5.5 inches.
The spine-tingling novel by the celebrated author of macabre stories. Best-known for his Gothic horror novel The Monk, Matthew Gregory Lewis brings to his classic horror repertoire the mysterious atmosphere of India in this chilling story that takes us to an unknown and untamed part of the world, at the mercy of man's most fearsome foe in this land. It will take the heroes all of their courage to get out alive.
Features several poems at end of book.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.