THE 2-TONE BOOK FOR RUDE BOYS, by Miles - 1981$110.00
The 2-Tone Book For Rude Boys
text by Miles
"Two-tone is a genre of British music that fuses traditional ska with musical elements of punk rock. Its name comes from 2 Tone Records, a label founded by Jerry Dammers of The Specials, and references a desire to transcend and defuse racial tensions in Thatcher-era Britain." (Wikipedia) This striking book, filled with photos of the various bands and their members, which made records under this label, is complete with a text by Miles which details the history of the bands, the inner and exterior problems and conflicts they had to face, and the achievements they attained. The book is complete with a discography of all the various bands who published under this label. A fascinating insight into the creation of a style of music which was, and still is, unique and highly controversial. 81 pages. 8 x 10.5 inches.
FIRST EDITION. Filled with black & white photographs. Complete with a historical text by Miles and a discography of the various bands at the end.
Published by: Omnibus Press, London and New York, 1981.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 0860019012
- Volume is in overall very good+ condition showing minor signs of wear and general toning.
- Black & white covers feature black & white text as well as red and white blocks with names of bands and songs.
- Wraps show minor edgewear, from rubbing and slight creasing of lower left corner of back, and lower right corner of front.
- Covers display general mild toning with a light brown stain to upper left corner of front. (See photos)
- Spine features black & white text on black & white background, with publisher in red at foot end.
- Spine displays minimal rubbing, mostly along shoulders and at ends, and scarce occasional staining.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is discreetly toned otherwise showing minimal wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges exhibit mild toning.
- Price label on lower right corner of back cover. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore